Thursday, February 1, 2007

MY new favorite site

OK, Dan may have found his favorite website, but I've definitely found mine:

http://www.familywatchdog.us

That's right, its the National Sex Offender Registry. And you can type in your address and actually SEE how close you are to a sex offender!

I know what you're thinking: But Ethan, this informative website is not meant for such exploitative, recreational use. You're stealing valuable bandwidth from concerned women and parents who need this information to stay safe.

To that, I answer: But hunting down pervs is just so much FUN!

In all seriousness, it is kind of remarkable how accessible this info is. Not only does this website reveal the exact home and work addresses of each of these rapists and molesters, but it even shows you a MUGSHOT of each offender. After my 5th or 6th creep-o, I started to actually feel bad for some of these dudes. Their lives are pretty much PERMANENTLY tarnished for chasing down some 13 year old tail. Not that they don't necessarily deserve such punishment...It's just pretty depressing.

This kind of reminds me of that crazy ass Dateline NBC show, To Catch a Predator. I seriously love watching it, but feel totally guilty and awful every time I do. The way they surround this pathetic, obviously unarmed fuckers with mace and guns and tasers and then slam them to the ground like they've just caught Charles Manson after a killing spree...I mean, it does make me actually feel for the "bad guy." You want so badly to believe that the series is doing the community a service by busting and exposing these sick fucks, but really, come on--we all know that NBC's main priority will never change: ratings.

I'm not saying that the NSOR website is even close to as exploitative as Predator, but dammmmmmn, am I going to abuse this service...

"Hey dude, check out what THIS faggot chaser looks like!"
Yay! Now we can ALL be like Chris Hanson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home